- Environmental Leadership Corps (ELC) through the Center for Environmental Stewardship (CES)
- Sustainability Internships through Facilities Management and Dining Services
- Join the Environmental Conservation Organization (ECO)
- Work on food justice with the Just Food Collective (JFC) through the Center for Civic Engagement (CCE)
- Attend events at the Arcus Center for Social Justice Leadership (ACSJL) or join their student staff
- Biology and Chemistry labs with professors
- Summer Environmental Stewardship Fellowships
Waste Reduction-Based Work
- Composting Crew: This is a video guide for students composting food waste from their dorms during the pandemic.
- Recycling Crew
- Work as a sustainability intern through facilities management on diverting waste streams
- Work in the Hoop House and the Hoben Garden with the Just Food Collective (JFC) through the Center for Civic Engagement (CCE)
- Get involved with Club Grub (a food education program at a local elementary school) through the Center for Civic Engagement (CCE)
- Take the Gardening PE class and work in the Jolly garden
Curricular Experiential Ed
- Gardening PE class
- Composting PE class
- Arboretum Stewardship PE class
- Slow Farming Senior Capstone
- English Reading the World: Gardens
Sustainability interns working in Facilitates Management collaborate with other student leaders in related roles across the College to advance the campus sustainability efforts.
Two positions are available: one focuses on carbon analysis related to reporting for The Climate Action Plan, and the other focuses on awareness and impacting behavior.
The Sustainability Interns are academic year-long positions, and interns for the following year are hired during Spring Term. Applications can be found on Handshake.