Part of our yearly carbon reporting includes collecting business travel information from departments across campus. The Climate Action Plan Committee uses this information to provide a more complete picture of the College’s carbon footprint.
Each month, fill out the form below to share your travel data. If your department did not have any business travel, please submit the form and choose “No” for each question about car and plane travel.
We are intentionally capturing business travel from the following departments: Admissions, Advancement, President’s Office and Outdoor Programs. Due to the difficulty of capturing all business travel, we are making the assumption that most other department travel is captured through Facilities Management (fleet vehicle rentals, local Enterprise rentals, bus charters, service vehicles). We recognize there is some lost data by making these assumptions, and we believe the travel will be most accurate year-to-year if we are consistent with reporting.
What we need to collect:
- Air travel purchased by your (or a) College department (report number of air miles traveled, round trip, per person)
- Work-related car rentals not booked through Facilities Management for travel (report number of ground miles)
- Mileage is already collected from K-College fleet rental vehicles and Enterprise rentals booked through Facilities
- Personal car used for work travel that is reimbursed through the Business Office (report number of ground miles)
What we don’t need to collect:
- Personal car used to commute to/from campus
- Personal car used for travel that is not reimbursed through the Business Office
- K-College fleet rental vehicles and K-College buses booked through Facilities (mileage is already collected from these vehicles)
- Enterprise vehicle rentals booked through Facilities (mileage is already collected from these vehicles)
- Charter bus rentals through Athletics